As Chief Operating Officer (COO), or manufacturing executive you are responsible for overseeing teams that produce, store, and deliver your company’s products. You are also in charge of building a solid, high-performance infrastructure flexible enough to support current and future customer needs.
If you are in a multi-plant environment, would it benefit you to be able to view near real-time performance data summarized at your corporate level, and then drill-down to any machine within any plant? Manuvis can provide you with this capability. Imagine being able to view the total production results for your entire corporation through your web browser, through your company’s secured network, anywhere in the world.
COO’s are strategic thinkers, always working to leverage and maximize the efficiency of company assets. Success also means measuring results. Therefore your teams must be able to establish and sustain key performance indicators (KPIs) that truly provide insight to how well your resources are supporting company growth.
And you need to be able to present the current state of the operation to your CEO at any time. Are you currently able to view your operation and how its resources are performing from your laptop or PC? No? Well Manuvis can help. Since our FactoryMRI solution is viewed through a web browser you may access essential information through your company’s secured network.
What gives Manuvis the edge over our competitors? Manuvis collects machine state and/or production data directly from your production machines. Powerful yet simple-to-use Operator Control Stations (OCS) capture and store every machine, job, or quality-related event that occurs. Additionally, events such as planned/unplanned down time reasons, job setup steps, and quality defects can be assigned by the operator, through the OCS, using simple function keys.
Another key product differentiator is our ability to include indirect labor resource management. Our operator control stations may be located throughout your facilities, enabling workers to use their security access badges to log in and out. Managers may schedule each person’s tasks in priority. So as the worker logs in they know immediately what their next task is and where they are required. These unique features will enable your company to manage its entire work force, redeploying people as circumstances evolve, and measure overall effectiveness.
What other key benefits does Manuvis provide for COO’s? Here are some examples:
- Metrics including Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) can be created automatically, accurately, and without re-entering data.
- Accurate information will improve planning and scheduling. Materials allocated for customer orders will be certain and actual—not over-promised!
- Manuvis’ solution, FactoryMRI, allows your company to transform ERP to always be in the present. FactoryMRI has been designed and developed by a team of experienced manufacturing executives who needed a method to improve manufacturing operation’s data collection and availability processes.
- Manuvis enables you to continually capture, calculate, display, store, and retrieve essential events that materially affect your profitability.
- With Manuvis, your team will be alerted immediately as user-defined exception conditions occur. For examples if a machine breaks down, a process stops, or a changeover takes longer than planned. Event notifications are huge benefits that will help your team recover and ship orders on time instead of becoming targets for customer complaints because of the break down.
- Manuvis can ensure that your company’s manufacturing decisions are always made on up to the moment knowledge by the designated process owner(s). The people who are accountable and responsible will be given the tools they need to become more successful—and your company will become more-profitable.